Soooo....YAY! We are coming home for a long weekend! I am so excited to see all of the family, although, 14 hours of driving in a 4 day period is, well, stressful to say the least. But, I can't wait to see everyone, and I know they will all be so happy to see the kids. Yeah, I said it. When you're a "grown-up" (term used very loosely) you aren't important anymore..it's all about the grandbabies! I have to admit, that also means...FREE CHILDCARE! WOOOOOooooooo!
Brian is back at work here, and so far there is not too much "fall-out" over his early return from RIP, so thank you, Lord, for that.
The kids have gotten their first progress reports this school year, and all of them are doing great. I am going to start working more with Logan and Mackenzie on their reading, but their teachers were more than pleased with how well they are doing. I have been so blessed to have THREE of the smartest kids in the world. Sometimes I honestly forget how old they are, because it feels like I am speaking with older children when we have discussions. Usually when one of them pitches a fit, I am reminded, again, that they are, still, youngins. (wow, I'm a little in shock that I even used that word..)
Saturday, Brian took the boys with him to the flea market. He promised them a surprise if they were good for me while he was gone to school, so he decided to take them there. (it just happens to be Brian's favorite thing to do on Saturday mornings, but, noooo...it was all about the boys ;)
Anyway, Stephen found some kind of Pokemon stuffed thingy, but Logan didn't find anything there that he liked, so Brian told him that we would take him somewhere Sunday after church.
Later Saturday, My friend Tara's(*IDK MY BFF JILL*) daughter Presleigh had a birthday party. I will post pictures of it, including the silly string fight afterwards, as soon as I have permission by her..I don't want to be posting pictures of someone else's kid online without their knowledge or consent..so.
It was really fun though, the kids had a great time.
Sunday was the first time Brian had been able to be at church in a couple of weeks, so everyone came up and spoke to him and welcomed him back, which was very nice and sweet, and I'm so grateful to have such a caring, friendly church family here in Savannah. I'm going to miss praise team practice on Saturday, church on Sunday, and choir practice on Sunday as well, since we'll be in TN but, I have been assured that the walls of the sanctuary will NOT cave in because I miss one weekend..LOL!
Anyway, Sunday was actually pretty busy for us, so, around oooohhh....7:30, Logan reminded us that he still hadn't gotten his surprise for being such a good boy for his momma, which, he truly WAS such a good boy for me. He helped me everyday with taking out the trash without me even asking, and he behaved and he really followed all the rules, so Brian and I, of course, felt preeeetty crappy about that. It was one of those " well, we definitely are not getting 'PARENT OF THE YEAR' " moments..and we felt so bad that we ended up giving Logan one of his birthday presents early. ( a new gamecube game that he had been wanting)...good thing I hadn't wrapped it yet,huh.
Time completely slipped by me yesterday. I can't remember anything that I did yesterday that was constructive except for cooking dinner. I mean, I did laundry, piddled around the house, nothing major.
And, today, after the kiddos were off to school, I got fixed up with the make-ups (as kenzie would say) and curled my hair-do (again, kenzie) and went to a staffing place down here. I'm trying to find a job to at least work thru the end of this year..you know, thru Christmas etc.. but I need one that is only during school hours. I don't want my kids to be in daycare. I haven't worked in 8 years..gosh, it's been that long.. because we didn't want strangers watching our babies, and I don't want to start that now. Plus, the cost of childcare for three kids is outrageous..
So, if you are reading this, say an extra little prayer that God will reveal His perfect plan for my employment at this point, and either open a door leading to a good job with a great schedule, or, you know...drop a large amount of money at my doorstep, whichever He prefers. I'll take either.ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment