Brandi-How's the weather now?? Two days ago it was 80 degrees...and now it is 36. LOL!
It's okay though, I had my first cup of hot chocolate last night :)
Last night at church we had a candlelit Christmas service. I played (on the piano) and sang a song that my mom wrote. It is the most beautiful song I think I have ever heard that is about Christmas. Brian videotaped it, but I still haven't figured out how to get the video from my camcorder to my computer..apparently, the camcorder dvc driver can only work with windows 98 or windows home whatever system...and it isnt compatible with windows vista..so..i'm pretty lost about how to upload it. Maybe someone has some kind of clue about that. I could probably ask my brother since computers are his thing.lol.
Anyway,
I miss everyone so much. We have been working on the garage this weekend, trying to turn it into a sort-of game room type thing for the kids and their friends. (since Santa is bringing some game room type things for the boys...hehehe) I think the kids will love it. we are going to try to find some basic "basement" type rugs to put in there, and put brian's chess table in there, some chairs, the stereo is in there already..etc.
I miss all of my family...and the Christmas get-to-gethers..and the food..ooooh how I Loooooooove the food..hehe.
We are planning on having Christmas eve finger foods with Tara and Thomas and their kids, and letting the kids open just one present, and then on Christmas day we are going to go to Tara's house for Christmas dinner. I am making the ham ( wish me luck- if there is anyway to mess up a fully cooked spiral cut ham, I will find out how), and greenbeans, corn, hashbrown casserole, the cranberry sauce, the stuffing, turtle cookie bars, chocolate pie, and holy smoke..and Tara is making the Turkey, and a bunch of other stuff..LOL. She is making mashed potatoes, cause her kids don't like mine- they have lumps in em'. What can I say- I'm a lumpy type of girl.ha!
Anyway, it will be a good Christmas, but it will not be like a Christmas at home with the family.
I am going to take some pictures of the kids, some family pics, etc in front of the tree, and I will post them on here. Probably tomorrow, since we'll already be dressed up.
Everyone, please have a Merry Christmas. We love you all. Hold your families close to you, and love them. Please remember all of those out there in this world that do not have families, or homes, or friends..or love. There are people in this world who have not accepted the greatest gift ever given to all of us- and that is Jesus. I pray that God's love and sacrifices touches someone this Christmas, and that the meaning of this season is prevalent in all of our hearts throughout the holidays and the years to come.
Merry Christmas, and God Bless you!
1 comment:
So, we had a few days of COLD and now it is back to 71 degrees again. Who knows about TN weather! Glad you had your hot cocoa!
Post a Comment