Today is Stephen's 9th birthday. It is also 9-9-09, which makes this day extra special for him!
A few things about Stephen-
He loves to read.
He wants to be a marine biologist when he grows up, and he is so smart that he might just be.
His favorite bands are The Beatles, Anti Flag, Dropkick Murpheys and Flogging Mollys.
He's a pretty cool kid, huh?
He wears the cutest little glasses. He wears skater shoes, and likes to sport a mo-hawk, even tho I made him cut it before school started.
He's in 3rd grade.
He loves video games, computer games, wants a cellphone and a facebook.
I cannot imagine my life without this kid. He's my bubba.
It just so happened, that on 9-9-09, when he turns 9 years old, rockband came out with a beatles edition, so it was pretty much meant to be that this would be his birthday present!
I did NOT want to take the chance of walmart selling out, so I met Jena ( who will usually be called Foo Foo in my blogs- for future reference) at walmart at 11:45, and we chatted in the electronics section till midnight and we bought the first beatles rockband in savannah! At least, the first one from that walmart.LOL.
I brought it home and set it up for him and went to bed, knowing he would find it when he woke up this morning.
And, sure enough..he came to my room early this morning saying " mom, do you know what today is??" to which I replied, " of course, it's wednesday". ( hee hee) and he said, " do you know what else!?" and I said " YEP! It's Your Birthday!!" so after birthday hugs, I sent him downstairs to get dressed, and he ran back up stairs and basically tackled me because he was so excited about his rockband beatles! SCORE!
He and Logan played Yellow Submarine a couple of times before time for school, but hopefully, his day started off perfectly! ( yes, foo foo- he had to go to school..Logan too.LOL)
And, although, I must say that I'm probably the coolest mom in his opinion right now..the greatest gift he will ever get is salvation. And, he has it. He's been saved, we've prayed together, he's prayed with his dad, he's prayed with his grandparents, and he has prayed with our pastor, and he asked Jesus to be Lord and Savior of his life, and for this, I couldn't be more proud of him. No matter what he does in life, no matter where he is, I praise God for giving him this gift of everlasting life, and I am so grateful that Stephen was receptive to God's calling.
Today, I am thanking God for my big boy, and thanking Him for giving me such an amazing family!
I'm going to take cupcakes to stephen's class today, and then tonight, at church, he is going to get baptised!
I will be posting pictures by Sunday, of his first morning of rocking out to the beatles with logan, and also of his baptism, and of his luau birthday party that he is having on saturday. It has been and is going to be a very exciting week!
No comments:
Post a Comment