Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting ready...

So,
Most of my time as of late has been consumed by the renovations of our youth building at church. We are finally seeing the fruits of our labors, and we are nearing the end of the project. It is going to look awesome, and I hope that our youth truly enjoy spending time in their new space. It is undoubtedly THE coolest youth space I have ever seen at any church..and that's not just because I designed a lot of it.LOL!
Since we are almost done, I feel like I can devote some more time to blogging. lol..
maybe.
Hopefully I will have a few off days before we get started on renovating and revamping the children's building and ministries. We have so many awesome ideas of fun things to do for our kids, and I honestly can't wait to get to work on those, but a couple of off days will do us all some good.
What am I saying, I'll be bored to death.LOL

anyway,
Keep us in your prayers. We feel like the time is coming for us to move off post and start renting in Savannah. It is convenient here on post, but we both feel like there are certain atmospheres here that we don't want to be an ever present force in our children's upbringing..so we are praying that God will lead us to a home off post, that we can afford, in a good neighborhood, with good schools.

Mackenzie's birthday is on the 24th, so we are getting ready to have her party this saturday. I have Lisa making the invitations. ( she does beautiful calligraphy) The invitations are going to be scrolls tied with satin pink ribbon..made to look like royal decrees. Luckily we have a castle room at our church already, so the pastor ( and his wifey-my favorite miss lisa) are allowing us to host the "royal celebration" there. I am going to make princess hats and armor for the knights, and I think everyone will have a good time.I'm excited. I love theme parties. and theme rooms...and themes in general.LOL!

I'll be sure to post a pic of the invitations, and of course pics of the party~!

No comments: