Okay, so I know the title of this might leave some of you with a few questions...and I've already prepared some answers. Let's think of this portion of this blog in terms of one of those FAQ sections on websites where you can find all the answers you really need, but ignore, because you'd rather send an email to a customer service representative instead...only this time...you can't ignore it cause it's at the beginning of the post!
1. I have an abundance of Jagermeister shot-glasses due to buying the Jagermeister Gift Sets that come with a) a bottle of Jager and b) 2 shot glasses.
2. back in the day, Jagermeister was my drink of choice. More specifically, Jager Bombs.
3. Nope, I don't drink it anymore. It has been YEARS. The smell of it makes me sick to my stomach..
4. Nope, I wont throw the shot glasses out, because I hate waste and cannot stomach the thought of throwing out perfectly good glassware.
5. Yep, shot glasses are the perfect size for giving the kids a quick drink of milk before bedtime
6. As you will learn, they are also the perfect size to put water in when painting with watercolors....which leads me to the real reason for this blog!
Now that we have THAT out of the way...
My sunshine Lisa is writing a children's book.
She has asked me to illustrate for her!
I am soooo excited,thrilled,happy,grateful, and humbled rolled into a ball of suprise which is barely contained with a joyous ribbon..and dipped in chocolate. Okay, the chocolate was just an added bonus...but you know.
We are in BUSINESS! I have not stopped thinking about all of the possiblities since she asked me!
I was telling my mom this the other day- I was sayin, you know, Mom, of all the plans I have thought up in my head of ways to earn an income for my family, of all the jobs, or things I have ever thought that I might be doing at this point in my life, Art has never ever been a real possibility in my mind. Art has always been a hobby..and if I'm being truthful, it's never really been something I consider myself that fabulous at. I mean, I associate myself with the kind of artistic abilities that sorta "get me by", nothing extraordinary, nothing fancy, nothing awe-inspiring. It's just not how I would ever categorize my art. It's just kinda...there. you know?
And, it's like all of the sudden, God has said to me, " You know what, you can do your "non-extraordinary" art to do something extraordinary for ME"...
Someone smack me in the head!
The past few months, I've been working at church- most of you know what all of us have been doing..because you are there doing it with us! It feels like great things are happening there at church, and I am so excited about all the different projects we have going on.
But, when Lisa came to me, it was like a messenger from God, saying.."Okay, you've proven that you are willing to do something, let's see if we can take it to this level"
I am SO willing. I am SO ready. I am SOOOOO going to do my best and give God the glory and thanks for all that He has put in my path- I am going to diligently thank Him for all the people He has sent into my life, all of the opportunities He has given me, and for ALL the works He is doing in my life and in the lives of others around me.
And the thing is- maybe this could turn into an income, or maybe the reward will be that some children really like her stories and that they like my illustrations. And, all I can really say to that is..what an HONOR it is to be a part of something like this. What greater blessing than making a child smile! :)
I will keep you posted on the progress of all of that!
Now, secondly, I have a couple of prayer requests:
My friend Suzy. Her grandmother passed away, and I would like everyone to pray for Suzy and her family. Pray that God gives them some peace during this time, and pray that God allows those around them to love them and support them, and lift them up.
Also, my Meme. She is pretty ill. Hospice has been coming to visit/care for her at my mom's, and Mom feels like the end is nearing. Meme has expressed to her that she wants to go..that she is ready.. and I would just really like for everyone to pray that Mom will have strength for this. My mom has been through so much the past few months..
Thank you all..
OH! I also have a mother's day blog that I have written and need to post, but I am going to scan and post my favorite pictures of my mom, grandmothers, and kids pics before I publish it...so be on the lookout for that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment