
My Meme passed away Friday night, at 11:07 pm. She was 74. She was special. She IS special.
I will never forget how she always made sure everyone had Dairy Queen icecream cakes for their birthdays.
I will always remember how she chuckled..I'm smiling right now thinking about her little laugh.
I always thought she had this certain type of fragility about her, but really, she was a strong woman.
She loved Brian...he was her hero.
She liked having her hair fixed up nice and she liked her nails painted with a pearly white nail polish.
She made the best hamburgers in the world...and stack cakes...and pineapple upside down cake..and cornbread fritters.
She always bought the smallest size of anything- icecream, mayo, peanut butter..and I always thought it was cute that she would buy 2 pint size icecreams instead of a half gallon.
She always had the softest comforters and quilts.
She had the sweetest,most precious singing voice I have ever heard. Her favorite song was "My God is Real", and it was played at her funeral..
She told the best stories of growing up in Rockwood. I could listen to her family stories for hours.
She had a special little ditty she sang for Stephen when he was a baby..she'd put him on her knee and bounce him and sing to him. It was the cutest song..a song that she would later sing for all the other great grandbabies. I still hum that song to them sometimes, and they still love it.
I just can't really believe that she isn't here anymore, but I know that being absent from this life is being in the presence of the Lord..and I'm so happy that she is with Him. He loves her even more than we do.
It feels like a lot of people are leaving us lately..and I know that they are the lucky ones, because they are with our Savior, but it hurts. It's hard..it's heartbreaking...but I can still thank God for allowing me to get to TN before He took her..I can still thank God for allowing me the time to tell her that I love her, and hold her hand, and kiss her little cheeks and talk to her...and Brian talked to her too. What more can I ask for? My grandmother is surrounded by God's heavenly light right now, and He let me tell her how much she means to me before she went. To me, that seems like it's a pretty good deal. I know she is okay. perfectly okay now.
There are so many more things I want to write about my meme, but I'm at a loss right now.
But I'm still praising you, God, and I'm still following.
I have more pictures that I need to scan, and I will..soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment