~I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore~
Psalms 86:12
______________________________________________________________
If I'm being honest, which I usually am when writing blogs, I tend to stay away from Psalms a lot. Sometimes I feel that people just use scriptures from Psalms, because they are quick and easy and aren't really connected to stories- I mean, they are written praises, of course, by specific people, but Psalms and Proverbs are different from the rest of the Bible..at least, this has been my opinion.
But, tonight, I was skimming through the Bible ( I'm not currently in a "devotional" type study- where my Bible reading is directed persay), and I came across this verse. This simple little verse in Psalms. I was consumed. At that moment, it was as if God was saying to me, " See? You overlook these short, simple verses, when sometimes the greatest blessings can come from the smallest, unexpected places."
How true is that?
In all of my study time, my devotional time, my God time, I am guilty of overlooking some of God's word for my life. Ouch...It's pretty hard to say that actually. How could I have not been so concerned with learning all of these praises along with other scriptures that I truly consider weapons to rely on in the ongoing spiritual war that so many of us are facing in a big way?
This verse is the raw-ness of the desire we should all have to honor God, to praise Him, FOREVER.
Even while this verse is being recounted in my head as I type these words, I am filled with awe. I am filled with such a desire to praise, to worship, to glorify God, to honor Him in all that I do. I cannot help but picture all the times in my life that I have been heartbroken and lost. During those times, I would hold my Bible close to my heart, and I would cry out to God, I would lie on the floor with my arms outstretched, and for some reason I would always tell God," I will follow You, God, no matter what. I will keep praising you through this."
So, to find this verse tonight, it reminds me of how magnificent He is in ALL that He does. It reminds me how He carried me through. When I half-heartedly promised Him I would keep following,when I halfway believed that pain was punishment, yet hoped I was wrong, when I "recited" those promises to Him, sometimes barely believing that it would help me- He carried me. He carried Me. What a powerful blessing, from such an unexpected place- isn't that just God's way? I don't want to overlook the simple, unexpected blessings ever again.
Thank you, God.
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
With ALL of my heart, God. Forevermore.
2 comments:
Sometimes its a sacrifice of praise, but I believe that when we praise and don't "feel" it, when the enemy tells us that we can't praise unless we "feel" it...those are the times that it means the most to God. The times when we lead our heart to Him, instead of following it.
Stephanie! That is SO true I think. When I was writing this blog, I was remembering a time when you were telling me that Satan will trick us into thinking our hearts have to guide us, and that we have to be true to our hearts..but that all I had to do was be true to God and my heart would follow. I have never forgotten those words from you! You are such a blessing to me. I love you!
Post a Comment