I can't honestly say I'm not happy to see 2009 go. We've lost a lot of people close to us, had a lot of medical scares, and had our share of battles with the devil, but through it all, we've been drawn closer to God, closer to eachother, and closer to our true calling.
Things are changing, for sure. Brian will be getting out of the army. 2 years spent overseas, holidays missed, a total of months spent out in the field, and so many late nights taking care of soldiers and their families have brought us to this point.
The army has sent us on so many roller coaster rides, some good, some bad, but I am thankful that God used the army to bring us here. God's timing is always perfect. God's plan is always best, and as I look back on 2009, it is more evident to me than it has possibly ever been.
We've met people, we've extended our family, we've welcomed babies, we've lost loved ones, but we've survived..and we will always survive as long as we put God first in our lives and cling to Him, and follow Him wherever he leads us.
I don't exactly know where God is leading us next, but we know that God didn't bring us here to savannah, to meet the people we have met, to learn things from the mentors we have here, for us to all go our separate ways. We know that God has called us to join with the people He put in our paths to do something to glorify Him, and that is exactly what I plan on doing..even though I am not certain what that is.
I am so excited for all the changes coming in 2010. I am so thankful for the opportunities given to us, and I am ready.
Peace be with you all as you begin a new year in this crazy life. Be thankful for it, love your family and friends, and never give up hope.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment