Thursday, September 18, 2008

I miss home.



I miss the quiet.



I miss hugging my mom and smelling rapture from Victoria's Secret.

I miss that feeling I get when I hug my grandmother. Feeling her delicate frame..which keeps getting shorter and shorter..and talking to her about the difference between liberals and conservatives, the army, funny stories that we share, all while trying to fight the glare coming from the picture window.

I miss my grandad.

He would have so much fun right now with the boys. He'd have his own nicknames picked out for them, and walk through the house putting those nicknames to a clever little tune.

I miss the fall weather.

I miss the smell of burning wood, cut grass, honeysuckles..I miss breathing fresh swan pond air.



I miss my babies..my neices and nephews. It's so hard trying to be the favorite auntie when you don't get to see your neices. I know they have just been growing like weeds and won't even recognize me when they see me next.



I miss christmas music and cinnamin apple spice candles.

sitting on the front porch for hours, chatting with my step-mom and dad, and amy.

pushing the kids on the swingset in jamestown..



I haven't been home since the beginning of summer..and that was only for a couple of days. It's never long enough. I never get to see anyone for any good amount of time.







Anyways, whining:off



I must say, that I have actually been feeling pretty creative lately.

I have been asked by my pretty much favorite person at church, Lisa, to draw out some plans for the manger scene and also santa's living room set, for the christmas play. That got me excited. It's been a long time since I have given "art work" to anyone to use...to be critiqued..even though she would never, but you know.

I gave her the sketches yesterday, and she says she loves them, even though I totally had forgotten exactly what the foyer in the church looked like..but whatever.



I think I just need a job. I just need to be useful.

Brian is leaving Sunday again..this time to R.I.P. (no, not that R.I.P.- Ranger Indoctrine Program)
He will be gone for a month, which again, is not THAT big of a deal,but..I will still miss him. After he completes that (which I know he will--barring a broken leg or something) he will be in the Ranger Battalion. He'll be out of the "regular army" and will be in a more elite kind of army..one with real brotherhood and camaraderie.so. He'll be happy happy about that. Plus- he'll deploy for shorter amounts of time, which I think will be easier on the kids. They won't go through an entire year of school without seeing their dad..or without their dad ever meeting their teachers..and I think it will be a little less dramatic when it comes to coping by myself with three kids too..or I could be totally wrong and it will just suck regardless..partly because I might not have the phone calls everyday or won't be able to know where exactly he is, and won't know a lot of specific information because of op-sec..in which case, I'm sure I will be on here blogging about how miserable I am, but, the 2-3 people who even read this will overlook that prolly. :)

P.S. at least I will have plenty of opportunities to take some good pics of the rangers and their ranger panties. ( right, A,? * wink wink*)

No comments: