1 Peter 3:8-17
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
I needed these verses today.
I believe that it is more than possible that God designed my heart to seek these words of His on this very day, because He knew that I would need encouragement, He knew that I would need something to soothe my temper, He knew that I would need to hear from Him, "It's okay".
The past couple of days have been equivalent to what I would call a spiritual attack. Not just on me, but on those around me. Those that I have been working with, doing things with to prepare our church for the blessings God is bringing. Preparations for the many hearts, I feel, would be changed as a result of our labors, our prayers, our willingness to welcome in the broken hearted, the weak, the weary.
We are all doing so many things in our church right now. Things to prepare for the people that God will be sending through the doors. We have to be ready for the great things God brings our way. We cannot just talk about them, and thank God for them, and not do anything to prepare.
We have been preparing.
I have been participating in this by using some artsy characteristics of myself to help all of the other people revamp and design new and improved spaces throughout our church. I would never do this for attention, or show, or favoritism. I am simply doing what I feel like God has instructed me to do. And, I have been doing it humbly..and I've just had the attitude of like: God thank you so much for allowing me these opportunities. I have spent so many moments wishing that I could do something creative for YOU, and I am so grateful for these chances.
These have afforded me even more opportunities, for which I am so grateful.
But now, Satan has attacked by way of jealousy, pride, envy, and things have been said about me and about those around me that I love so dearly, and it is not fair. It is wickedness.
What I really feel like doing is putting those who have wronged my loved ones on blast. I don't even care what has been thought or said about me, I just hurt for the ones I love. The ones who have reached out to and supported someone only to be stabbed in the back...
but that is not what God wants me to do. God wants me to continue serving Him, and not be discouraged, and not worry about those who speak lies and hurtful things about me or anyone else, and not be defeated. And, I wont. I will keep following Him. I will stay on this wall, because God has placed me here for a reason.
And I will pray for you. Even though I don't necessarily feel like it. I will pray for your heart, and for your peace, and for your blessings, because that is what God commands me to do. It's right there..
1 comment:
I don't know what has been said or who has been saying it but it is just jealousy! The things you have done for our church are nothing short of a true blessing. God sent you to us just so you could share your talents and make our church the worship place He wants! Well, that and to bring in a ton of people cause you and Brian and going to single handed rebuild our church lol.
Post a Comment